Autumn Recipe: Beef And Guinness Pie
With the darker nights drawing in, we're sharing our heartiest recipes for the colder months! Enjoy this stunning beef and ale pie made with Guinness for a full-bodied flavour...
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 carrots, diced
- 4 stems celery
- 125g swede, diced
- 600g diced beef
- 1tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Puff pastry/shortcrust lid
- 500ml Guinness
- Fry the garlic, onion, carrots, celery and swede for five minutes.
- Fry the beef until brown and add it to the vegetables, along with the cornflour and tomato puree.
- Stir well and gradually add the Guinness and stock. Simmer for two and a half hours until the beef is tender and the sauce has thickened. Leave to cool before making the pie.
- Heat the oven to 200c/gas 6. Line the rim of the dish with a thin strip of pastry, dampen and cover with a pastry lid.
- Brush with milk. Bake in the oven for half an hour, until golden and risen.
It’s easy to get in touch with the More Radio News team.
Add a comment