Spooky Recipe: Loaded Pumpkin Fries
Pumpkins aren't just for decoration. They're an incredibly versatile fruit — which make the most delicious fries...
Make the most of pumpkins while they're in season. Here's a great recipe for Loaded Pumpkin Fries.
- 1 medium-sized pumpkin
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 150g Primula Cheese
- Handful of fresh coriander, to garnish
- Using a sharp knife, slice the pumpkin in half. Scoop out the seeds and pulp.
- Remove the ends from the pumpkin, peel and slice into fries.
- Place the pumpkin fries in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Let the fries soak for at least 30 minutes, but preferably overnight.
- When the fries have finished soaking, pre-heat your oven to 220°
- Drain the fries and pat dry with paper towels.
- Fill a large zip-lock bag with the fries. Add the cornflour, seal the bag and shake to cover the fries. Add the oil and fajita seasoning to the fries and shake well, covering them evenly.
- Spread the fries in a single layer on a lined baking tray. Allow the fries plenty of space to ensure they’re perfectly crisp. You may need a couple of trays.
- Place in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes, flipping once halfway through, until the fries are crisp and golden.
- Remove from the oven. Squeeze over the Primula Cheese and scatter the coriander.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Prohibition PR.
It’s easy to get in touch with the More Radio News team.
Add a comment