Hastings Housing Development Delayed Again
- Huw Oxburgh LDR
- Aug 14
- 1 min read

The future of a five-home development on Church Street in Hastings remains uncertain after another delay.
Hastings Borough Council had planned to discuss revised plans from Dredco Limited on Wednesday (August 13), aimed at repositioning the houses and parking spaces to work around a Southern Water sewer. The changes also include the removal of a shared garage.
The scheme first received outline permission 10 years ago, with detailed plans approved in 2017.
Construction began in 2019 but stalled due to site issues.
The application was previously due to be considered in April but was postponed after a procedural error linked to an earlier amendment left the council unable to make a decision.
On Wednesday, council planning officer Eleanor Evans confirmed the application had been withdrawn for further review.
She said:
"We need to make sure we have all the information in front of us before councillors consider it and vote on it."
While planning officers have said the changes are acceptable and do not alter the overall size or design of the houses, local residents disagree. Objections highlight concerns over loss of green space, wildlife impact, and privacy.
A petition opposing the scheme was submitted with 23 signatures, alongside three individual letters of objection.
For more information, see application HS/DS/24/00612 on the Hastings Borough Council website.








Comments