Wall Removed At Stadium After Death Of Chichester City Striker Billy Vigar
- Dominic Kureen

- Oct 13
- 1 min read

Wingate & Finchley have demolished a pitch-side concrete wall at the Maurice Rebak Stadium following the death of Chichester City striker Billy Vigar.
The 21-year-old died last month after sustaining a serious brain injury during Chichester’s match against the north London club.
It’s believed the injury may have been caused when the former Arsenal academy forward collided with a concrete wall, though this has not been officially confirmed.
The Football Association has announced an immediate safety review of perimeter walls at National League football grounds in the wake of Vigar’s death.
Vigar came through the Arsenal academy and later played for Derby County, Eastbourne Borough, and Hastings United before joining Chichester City.
Former Bath City player Alex Fletcher, who suffered a life-threatening head injury in 2022 after colliding with advertising boards, said the tragedy highlights the need for urgent safety improvements.
“This was an entirely preventable situation,” Fletcher said.
“It’s frustrating that calls for change haven’t been acted upon — I’m afraid this won’t be the last tragedy if action isn’t taken.”








Comments